1. PhD Students
- Sebastijan Sekulić, Exploring the effect of location and environment on human mobility flows with Big Data Analytics
- Solène Marion, Investigating human-wildlife interaction in Scottish Highlands
- Corallie Hunt, Blue carbon in Scottish coastal waters (UD second supervisor)
- Beate Zein, Modelling geomagnetic bird navigation
- Mary Abed al Ahad, Climate Change, Air Pollution and Ethnic Inequalities in Health: Analysis and Projection Based on Longitudinal Register Data from Scotland (UD second supervisor)
- Peter Dorey, Application of Multilevel Analysis to Study Individual and Contextual Determinants of Fertility (UD second supervisor)
- Dominik Klimczyk, Modelling Effects of Air Pollution and Temperature on Population Health and Mortality (UD second supervisor)
- Dr Vanessa Brum Bastos, New Methods and Applications for Context Aware Movement Analysis (CAMA) (PhD 2018). Previously Postdoctoral Research Associate at the Arizona State University.
- Dr Jaakko Madetoja (UD external supervisor), Aalto University, Finland. Propagation of uncertainty through spatial statistics methods. (PhD 2018)
- Dr Katarzyna Siła-Nowicka, Using GPS Trajectories For Further Understanding of Spatial Behaviour (PhD 2016). Currently Lecturer/Assistant Professor at the University of Auckland.
- Dr Zhang Zhe (UD external supervisor), Aalto University, Finland. Computational Methods in Supporting Spatial Decision Making (PhD 2016). Currently Assistant Professor at the Texas A&M University.
- Dr Tommy Burke, Evaluation of Visualisations of Geographically Weighted Regression, with Perceptual Scalability (PhD 2015).
- Dr Kazi Isthiak Ahmed, Acoustic data optimisation for seabed mapping with visual and computational data mining (PhD 2012).
- Peter Foley, Using Geovisual Analytics to investigate the performance of Geographically Weighted Discriminant Analysis (MSc by Research, 2012).
2. Postdoctoral researchers:
- Dr Vanessa Brum Bastos, University of St Andrews, Modelling geomagnetic bird navigation
- Dr Fernando Benitez, University of St Andrews, Modelling geomagnetic bird navigation
- Dr Iain Dillingham, University of St Andrews, Visual analytics of flows
- Dr Gavin McArdle, National University of Ireland, Maynooth, Clustering and Analysis of Movement Data (trajectories).
- Dr Paul Harris, National University of Ireland, Maynooth, Combining Visualisation with Spatial Statistics & Improving Seabed Classification from Acoustic Sonar Data