In my academic career I have supervised and am supervising the following postgraduate students and postdoctoral researchers:
1. PhD Students
- Vanessa da Silva Brum Bastos, New methodological approaches for cross-scale integration of remote sensing data with spatio-temporal movement data.
- Jaakko Madetoja (UD external supervisor), Aalto University, Finland. Propagation of uncertainty through spatial statistics methods.
- Sebastijan Sekulić, Exploring the effect of location and environment on human mobility flows with Big Data Analytics
- Solene Marion, Investigating human-wildlife interaction in Scottish Highlands
- Corallie Hunter, Blue carbon in Scottish coastal waters
- Dr Katarzyna Siła-Nowicka, Using GPS Trajectories For Further Understanding of Spatial Behaviour (PhD 2016). Research Associate in Urban Methods, Modelling and Simulations at the Urban Big Data Centre, University of Glasgow.
- Dr Zhang Zhe (UD external supervisor), Aalto University, Finland. Computational Methods in Supporting Spatial Decision Making (PhD 2016). Postdoctoral researcher at the CyberGIS Center for Advanced Digital and Spatial Studies, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (2017).
- Dr Tommy Burke, Evaluation of Visualisations of Geographically Weighted Regression, with Perceptual Scalability (PhD 2015).
- Dr Kazi Isthiak Ahmed, Acoustic data optimisation for seabed mapping with visual and computational data mining (PhD 2012).
- Peter Foley, Using Geovisual Analytics to investigate the performance of Geographically Weighted Discriminant Analysis (MSc by Research, 2012).
2. Postdoctoral researchers:
- Dr Iain Dillingham, University of St Andrews, Visual analytics of flows
- Dr Gavin McArdle, National University of Ireland, Maynooth, Clustering and Analysis of Movement Data (trajectories).
- Dr Paul Harris, National University of Ireland, Maynooth, Combining Visualisation with Spatial Statistics & Improving Seabed Classification from Acoustic Sonar Data