I am looking for new PhD students for 2022/23 academic year and specifically for excellent candidates who would be willing to apply for their own funding for a PhD study with me at University of St Andrews. See below the list for potential funding sources, but if you know about other sources, please, let me know.
- Interest in movement analytics and development of new methods, either for animal movement or human mobility
- MSc degree in GIScience, computer science, computational ecology or similar areas
- High marks that fulfill St Andrews entry requirements (Entry requirements by country) and that make the candidate competitive for the funding competition
- English level that fulfills St Andrews requirements (See profile 7-D)
- Knowledge of programming (R and/or Python)
I can supervise various topics in movement analytics on both animal movement or human mobility.
Sources of PhD funding for 2022/23 that I know of which are currently open or will open soon:
- China Scholarship Council – St Andrews scholarship for students from mainland China (DL 10 Jan 2022)
- Commonwealth PhD Scholarships for citizens of high income Commonwealth countries (will open soon for 2022/23)
- Ad Futura scholarship for Slovenian students (will open soon, DL normally in April)
- FCT PhD scholarship for Portuguese students (will open soon, DL normally in March)
- Trudeau scholarship for Canadian students, social science topics only, e.g. human mobility (DL 21 Dec 2021)
If you are interested, send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a short explanation of your motivation and attach your CV.
If you are not eligible for any of the above funding calls, but know about your own national funding competition for PhD studies abroad (including both tuition fees and maintenance stipend), please, get in touch as well and include information on funding source.